What Is A Root Canal Treatment?
It is the removal of the nerves and pulp from the inside of the tooth, which is then cleaned and sealed.
When do I need Root Canal Treatment?
- Tooth decay
- Damaged Teeth
- An X-Ray will be taken to check for any infection and the length of the roots.
- Anaesthetic may be applied to numb the tooth.
- The tooth will be drilled to provide access to the inside of the tooth.
- The pulp, bacteria and nerves will be removed from the tooth and it will be cleaned out using root canal files.
- Once the tooth is clean, your dentist will seal it. (Some dentist may leave it for a week before sealing the tooth i.e if there is an infection, medication will be applied)
- The tooth may feel sensitive.
- Eventually the tooth would need to be crowned as it will get more brittle and discolour over the years as the blood supply is removed as well.