What Is A Root Canal Treatment?
It is the removal of the nerves and pulp from the inside of the tooth, which is then cleaned and sealed.
When do I need Root Canal Treatment?
- Tooth decay
- Damaged Teeth
- An X-Ray will be taken to check for any infection and the length of the roots.
- Anaesthetic may be applied to numb the tooth.
- The tooth will be drilled to provide access to the inside of the tooth.
- The pulp, bacteria and nerves will be removed from the tooth and it will be cleaned out using root canal files.
- Once the tooth is clean, your dentist will seal it. (Some dentist may leave it for a week before sealing the tooth i.e if there is an infection, medication will be applied)
- The tooth may feel sensitive.
- Eventually the tooth would need to be crowned as it will get more brittle and discolour over the years as the blood supply is removed as well.
Request an Appointment
Fill out the form below and we will contact you during our working hours.