What is a Bridge?
A Bridge is used to replace missing teeth by anchoring the false tooth using crowns on the adjacent teeth.
Benefits of Bridges:
- Natural Looking: They look like your natural teeth.
- Comfort: They feel like your natural teeth, they do not need to be removed like dentures.
- Eating: There are no issues with eating, unlike with dentures which may move.
- Durability: Lasts 10-15 years on average.
- Convenience: Requires only 2 visits.
What is the Process?
Your dentist will assess your suitability and recommend your treatment plan.
Next, the abutment teeth are prepared. They will be trimmed to allow room for a crown to be placed.
Impressions of your teeth will be taken which will be used to manufacture the bridge.
Your dentist will make a temporary bridge for you to wear while your bridge is manufactured.
Fitting of Bridge:
The temporary bridge will be removed and the new permanent bridge will be cemented to your teeth.
Adjustments may be made until the bridge fits comfortably.